Effective Communication Ideas: –
For any efficient communication following factors must be considered: –
• It is very important make worthwhile contribution to the dialog so have clear goal and objective of the conversation.
• Develop effective non verbal communication skills. Proper smile, eye contact, posture, handshakes do create a positive impact.
• Make appropriate gestures with arms and face.
• While speaking and listening making an appropriate eye contact and looking into the eyes of the person with whom we are conversing can create a significant impact and make the interaction more successful as it coveys interest and courage.
• Being assured is vital.
• Attempt to break down barriers that exist within the communication process.
• Be clear and concise.
• Be firm about your opinions, views, concepts and solutions so that it will be confidently conveyed.
• Be certain that your words, gestures, facial expressions and tone match with each.
• Analyse the viewers earlier than communication.
• Conveying right message to right person is essential because what is critical or worthwhile to one individual may not be to another.
• Develop effective probing skills by asking the appropriate questions.
• Take initiative yourself. Don’t wait for suppliers, prospects, buyers and many others to call you. Instead call them, take the initiative to start the conversation. It helps to build healthy way efficient communication between both the parties.
• Try to highlight critical points.
• Study the art of dealing with difficult conversations.
• Be certain that you give and obtain appropriate feedback.
• If the message is too lengthy, dis-organised or comprises errors it can often be misunderstood, confusing and misinterpreted.
• Practising good communication skill on a regular basis is important as “Apply makes man perfect.”
In addition to the above attributes a superb communicator also focuses on the following factors to reinforce his/ her communication skills: –
1. Interpersonal Skills: –
• Such skills are used when engaged in face-to-face conversation with one or more persons. For effective Interpersonal skills not only verbal communication and effective speaking is vital but in addition our voice, on-verbal signals, gestures, facial expressions, body language, our appearance and active listening skills are significant.
• The advantage of having good Interpersonal skills is that it enables us to contribute successfully in teams and groups and turn into a ‘group player’.
• It builds a robust relationship with other members of the group and leads to higher communication and building higher rapport with others.
• Good Interpersonal skills also help to boost our problem solving and decision making ability.
2. Presentation skills:
o Although we could use this skailing sometimes, however for any administration student who intends to change into future business leader effective Presentation Skailing is critical.
o There shall be occasions in your life, when you must present info to your customers, employees, buyers, trade unions, sellers, authorities workers, suppliers, agents and even total community at large.
o They can either be individual or group of individuals in a proper or casual setting.
o Efficient Presentation Skills requires good planning, preparation and practice.
3. Writing skills:
§ For any manager communication skills are not only limited to face-to-face direct verbal/ non verbal interactions with others but in addition good Written Communication.
§ It involves the ability to write clearly, concisely and effectively.
§ It involves avoiding grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, knowledge of formal and casual writing kinds/ strategies, knowing the significance of construction in any enterprise letter or report.
4. Personal Skills: –
ï It emphasis on improving self-esteem, building self esteem, creating positive attitude, knowing anger management and stress management methods which helps in maintain a healthy body and mind and develop positive emotions about ourselves and helps to enhance our communication skills.